Friday, April 15, 2016

Trouble Trouble!

So the other day I went to install the touchscreen I received from adafruit.com. They have an "easy install" guide on their site but, turns out, the install is in no way easy! First I went ahead on the page, followed the directions, typed everything in the terminal, thought life was sweet. When I went to reboot my Pi, thats when everything went downhill. So, the pi kept looping through start up and eventually did not produce an image on the screen. So when nothing showed up on my monitor I thought maybe everything is supposed to be shown on the touchscreen now. WRONG. The above image is what the touchscreen looks like connected to my Pi (with my monitor still not producing an image either). And if things weren't already looking bad, above you will also notice that there is a red light on (that is not supposed to be there). I googled what the red light meant and google told me that the red light indicates that the power cord connected to my pi is incorrect to stop using it IMMEDIATELY, but how could the cord, that came with the Pi, all of a sudden not be right for the Pi? Luckily I have spare power cords laying around that are compatible with the pi.  I am afraid that using the "wrong cord" could have caused damage to my Pi, but I remain optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment